Wednesday, September 12, 2007

HW 5b: "I Blog, Therefore I Am"

In Kline's "I Blog, Therefore I Am," he reminds us of the many ways in which newspaper businesses are suffering in the ways that people are depending more on the internet for their sources of news and media more than ever. Since there is more demand for the web, less people are even watching television, which in turn is causing the ratings to lower even more. Many people plead their opinions as to how they dislike the idea of people exposing their opinions, and private lives on internet blogs. In contrast I believe that blogs are a great form of expression, especially the idea that others can relate to some of the personal issues that others might need to have addressed. Kline reports how women in today's society tend to document important moments in their lives, for example being a new mother, careers, or certain illnesses that need to be addressed and want to be shared. Blogging is now a form of communication and positive regard towards one another and I dont agree with the fact that blogging is a bad for of communication.

No comments: