Monday, November 5, 2007

HW 28: "An Open Letter to Riverbend"

After reading all of your blog posts up to August 30th, 2003 really opened my eyes to the world in a way in which I have never seen it before. I love how you put so much feeling and meaning into your blogs, this only makes me want to read more about everything you have to face on a day to day basis. Through your blogs I was able to feel in myself some of the heartache that you face, and this really makes me feel grateful for what I have in life. The fact that you constantly have to worry about where guns are being fired, the constant nightmares you have to deal with, and the frequent deaths you have to see, is something I cant even picture happenening or having to think about. The entire time I was reading your blog, all I could think about is how different our lifestyles are from eachother. Over here in America it seems like we have everything so easy, or atleast for me. I spend days complaining about things that have no significance to the meaning of survival at all, but yet for some reason I tend to think that this is okay because its the only thing i've come to know. Why is my country so concerned with the materialistic and always needing to be perfect and right, when you have to wake up everyday and deal with all these struggles? It doesnt make sence to me now and it never will. The strength that you have in youself to wake up everyday and face a new battle in your life is something I wish I could have, or to be even half as strong as you, is something I can only strive for.

No comments: